TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - This is how I did it, engine in, tranny in
People Seeking Info

Subject This is how I did it, engine in, tranny in

Posted by Goldchocobo on January 21, 2015 at 11:11 PM
  This message has been viewed 216 times.

In Reply To Getto EGR Pull posted by inski on January 19, 2015 at 09:57 AM

Message I removed my entire EGR system with only the plenum off. The first step is hating your life and loving punishment. It was a total bitch, and I had a hard time finding info on how to do it with the engine in.

1. Remove plenum.

2. Remove coolant lines that are around the egr with ratchet wrenches. A normal ratchet won't fit.

3. You need smallish to medium sized bolt cutters to reach behind and cut the bolts that attach the egr to the block. Turn them off as much as you can, then cut them with the bolt cutter when the hit the firewall. Repeat until bolts are short enough.

4. Now that EGR has some play, use ratchet wrenches in order to reach the various 12mm bolts holding the egr tubes in place. You might be able to reach a couple with a normal ratchet and an extension. If they don't work, use rachet wrenches.

5. I also cut the tube going into the exhaust manifold with whatever works. Hacksaw didn't do shit for me. I used a drill (yes a drill), drilled multiple holes to weaken it, then used tin snips to cut the rest. I did this I could get a 22mm wrench over the cut tube, on the nut, and turned it off.

Plug egr holes and exhaust hole. Done.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.